Sunday 11 May 2014

Roof

I want to keep the look of the wire knot frame I got from my spatial generator term. I can get this look with a flat roof.

Flat Roofing:
With a flat roof there is room for vertical expansion in the future. Although said to be flat it has to have a slight angle on it to be able to drain and prevent water from pooling. They are built with an incline that is usually 1/8 inch per foot. It will have to have a gutter and downspout at lower end of roof.

Studio 54 Architecture
This house has its roof drainage gutters and down pipes hidden behind cladding to retain a clean, uncluttered facade. Not sure if I could do this with flood resistant materials.

Flat Roof:
Nico van der Meulen Architects

Fujiwarramuro Architects

This house not only looks at flat roofs but floor plans of multiple floors that have a certain knot like resemblance with the twisting architecture.  





No comments:

Post a Comment