Tuesday 20 May 2014

Interim



Conceptual Intent: I want to make a house that is able to escape flooding, while reflecting the small generator term Taiponapona (to tie knots, fasten in knots). Also embracing foreign concepts of outdoor living, taking in the cold weather of Wellington. 

Plans, sections and perspective of simple sketch up model:











Looking at colours and materials:
 Showing where my outdoor living area will be under the house. Looking into what I would like to have e.g. Outdoor bath, bbq, fire, garden pond, table and seats.
Feedback:

- Plans should be overlaid and colour coded, have dotted lines to show stories.
- Look at wrapping a 'skin' around my house, like my artist model from F9 Productions. This will be used to keep heat in, reflect light with the inside painted white, make it look different/interesting.
- Use macrocarpa as my wood as it is light and will work well with my concrete on the bottom. Stained wood looks scary with darker concrete. 

No comments:

Post a Comment